Today we are going to explore the Top 10 Ways to Fail Losing Weight on the HCG Diet.
10. Drinking Liquid Calories
If you don’t follow any other rule while on the HCG Diet, please follow this one. Out of the Top 10 Ways to Fail Losing Weight on the HCG Diet, this is the number one way to ensure a disaster. The only beverages that Dr. Simeons approved for the allowed food list are water, black coffee and tea. Things like Kool-Aid, Crystal Light, Soda, Cream, cappuccino, Fruit Juices, Milk and Diet Soda are NOT allowed. These liquid calories, have been associated with weight gain, and are not how you should be getting your 500 calories. Liquid calories will not give you the energy, or fullness that you need. They should be avoided at all costs. I recommend cutting them out of your diet, before you even start the HCG Diet.
09. Mixing Vegetables In his book, Pounds and Inches, Dr. Simeons stated that you should not mix any of your vegetables. There is some debate about doing this, however if you are mixing vegetables and are noticing a weight gain or if your weight loss slows, you should stop mixing vegetables immediately. I recommend following the protocol as outlined, and do not recommend mixing your vegetables. This can also aid in ensuring that you do not overeat. You can find many recipes on my blog if you are finding yourself bored with your allowed foods.
08. Not using approved personal care items Dr. Simeons HCG Diet protocol clearly prohibits the use of any personal care items with fat (like lanolin based lotions) and oils (like oil based cosmetics) to prohibit weight gain through absorption by the body. I cannot stress how important it is that you do NOT use your normal lotions, creams, moisturizers, Shea butter, body wash, etc. ANYTHING with fats, oils, or vitamins (especially vitamin E gel) can slow or stall your weight loss. Before beginning the protocol you should do a complete overhaul to your make-up, shampoo, lotions, deodorant and toothpaste supply.
07. Planned Interruptions While Dr. Simeons touched on these, he referred to them as “unforseen interruptions of treatment”. You will most likely gain weight during these, and these should be avoided especially during your first round of hcg. Your first round should be clear of the need for interruptions. Plan, plan, plan. If you need to do a planned interruption, you should trade it like you were transitioning into P3 and stick to what the protocol says for interruptions (at least 800 calories by adding eggs, meat, cheese and milk). A planned interruption should not be an excuse to eat anything and everything.
06. Not using the proper hcg or the right dosage You should NOT be hungry if you are following the HCG Diet Protocol exactly and your dosage is correct. The wrong dosage or using fake drops can cause hunger. Make sure you talk to your doctor about the correct dosage. If you are purchasing homeopathic drops, pellets or patches, make sure they are made from hcg dilutions. I recommend getting your real homeopathic hcg diet products from here.
05. Eating foods that aren’t on the Allowed Foods List of following food lists and Serving Sizes Exactly Dr. Simeons (the physician who created the HCG Diet) studied the HCG Diet and experimented with the food list for over 20 years. So, he tested this list thoroughly and found that THESE foods and THESE foods only should be eaten on the HCG Diet for best results. Plus, the items on the list must only be eaten in the quantity defined by Dr. Simeons. . We hear of people trying to substitute green beans, broccoli, turkey, and all kinds of other typical “diet” foods, but they are not allowed. While you may lose some weight eating these on the HCG Diet, you won’t lose as much as you could.
04. Not loading properly Loading days are not days to just eat a bunch of soda and candy. Loading days have an important purpose and build a strong foundation for your weight loss. If you do not take the time the load properly, you will most likely find yourself hungry and experiencing slow weight losses during P2 (VLCD). Loading days are to restock your healthy fat preserve, maximize your weight loss potential and provide energy until your hcg dosage starts kicking in. You want to focus on loading with healthy fats, and not just stuffing your face with as many carbs and junk food as you can stomach in 2 days.
03. Working Out If you were exercising regularly before starting the protocol, you should continue, but make sure you are counting your burned calories and making up for them. If you are burning 200 calories from exercising, you need to add 200 more calories of allowed foods each day or you will gain weight. Dr. Simeons does not recommend exercise while on the protocol as it can lead to weight gain. You should, under no circumstances, start an exercise regimen when you start the diet, if you were not previously doing one.
02. Not eating all of your 500 calories It is so important to eat all of your 500 calories. Out of the Top 10 Ways to Fail Losing Weight on the HCG Diet this is, in my opinion, the second most important. I hear from so many people that they want to lose more, so they are only eating 300 calories. You are going to starve yourself, and gain weight if you do this. Your body needs all of those precious 500 calories each and every day. You need to be eating the allowed foods, and eating as close to 500 calories a day as you possibly can.
01. Cheating Don’t do it. I cannot stress this enough, just do not cheat. However, cheating does happen, and it most likely will happen. I believe everyone cheats at some point. Just remember you will most likely see a gain the next day, and if you cheat, don’t let is sabotage your entire round, just stop and move on. Plan on it taking an extra 1-2 days to get back on track after a cheat. You really need to think hard before you cheat. Is it really worth it? You can do anything for a month, including following the HCG Diet protocol without cheating.
If you follow these suggestions outlined above in the Top 10 Ways to Fail Losing Weight on the HCG Diet, you will be well on your way to experiencing the weight loss you want and be one step closer to a healthy and happy life!